Sunday, March 6, 2011

Dear Serving in A Small Town..

You kind of suck sometimes.
I've been lucky in coming back to my restaurant. Working great 8 to 4's and still making 65-70 on a 11 to 4 pm for the most part. Today I walked into a two to eight thinking it would be okay and in the beginning of the night it was great. Until five pm (I got cut at seven)!

I was giving the service that normally gets me 20 percent or more and it was like that for the time from 2 to 5 where it was just two of us on the floor and I was getting double sat and in the ten's. People were sipping down cocktails and keeping me moving which is when I'm in the best mode. Tonight?! 17-18 percent tips everywhere I looked!

I'm such a complainer haha. To a normal person, this would be okay. To me, not so much! Especially when I could have been at a local show today which keeps this lady thriving and it had stereo skyline headlining acoustically who are a two time interview.

Today's highlight:
-the amazing new BLOOD ORANGE/mixed berry vitamin water which has natural caffein :-) So fucking yummy.

Today's lowlight:
-working my first shift with Jealous Freak (beautiful name I know) and Pro (so good at these names..will have to make a list of the stand outs) who just happen to be dating, probably getting married due to a little baby just now being announced that's on the way. Pro and I have always flirted though and talked yet this was the first time. It's funny because I'm always the one it seems he doesn't want to hurt in it when the three of us are working together. he got my tea all set for me when these two regular ladies came in and always asks if can help. amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment